A real gem, discover the Fife coastal villages on this busy tour.
BOOK YOUR DATES NOW!
Easily accessible from Edinburgh and Glasgow Fife is a gem of a region of Scotland with it’s idyllic fishing villages, famous university and laid back attitude connected to the East by one of the world’s most iconic rail bridges.
This tour starts in Edinburgh and weaves it’s way over the Firth of Forth into the Kingdom of Fife. Our highlight are the stream of colourful little fishing villages which line the coast. In Summer months there are often festivals of fish, food, music and art on in these places. Treasured by locals and visitors alike.
- Meet in Edinburgh and make our way over to South Queensferry to get some incredible views of the famous “Three Bridges” and in particular the most iconic of them all the UNESCO World Heritage site that is the Forth Rail Bridge, elegant and ingenious Victorian engineering.
- We head East onto the Fife peninsula and veer into the countryside away from the Forth of Forth to visit the beautiful Falkland Palace. This is the royal palace to Scottish Kings. The history in this place knows no end!
- We then head East again towards the sea and the University town of St Andrews. The town is steeped in history as well as modern and up to date with the hundreds of students who can be seen during term time. The university was founded in 1413. We will stay over in St Andrews to experience some of the nightlife.
- We will then move down the coast to the beautiful villages of Kingsbarns, Crail, Pittenweem, St Monans and Anstruther. Each have their own personality and vibrancy in the Summer months. There are always many festivals to draw in the locals and visitors alike. We will stay for two nights in carefully selected accommodation in one of the villages. T
- here is a boat trip from Anstruther (Sea Safari) included on this tour. It is spectacular and for all the wildlife lovers out there, a must! It can be upgraded at extra cost of £6 per person for a 4.5 hour trip to the Isle of May. If you would like this please mention at booking stage by sending us an email.
Highlights of this tour will be Forth Rail Bridge, St Andrews University, Crail Harbour, Fish and Chips in Anstruther, Drinking the whisky and gin in Kingsbarns, Falkland Palace of Scottish Kings. There are so many highlights of what can be seen on this tour I hope we can fit it all in!
Accommodation Types Explanation
Accommodation Types Explanation
– Standard – Basic level accommodation costed in any tour priced including accommodation.
– Premium – Higher grade likely to include breakfast or standard level accommodation in an area where general costs of accommodation are higher due to seasonality.
– Premium + – Likely to be graded 4* by Scottish Tourist Board and there is a likelihood the accommodation package will be Dinner, Bed and Breakfast.
– Luxury – Superior high level accommodation likely to be graded 5* by the Scottish Tourist Board and likely to include dinner in the package. Availability for this can be limited in some areas.
PLEASE NOTE: WHERE AN ADJUSTMENT TO COST OF ACCOMMODATION HAS TO BE MADE, UP OR DOWN, AN ADJUSTMENT INVOICE OR CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED ONCE ACCOMMODATION IS FINALISED.