BOOK YOUR DATES NOW!
Perthshire is one of the most beautiful counties in Scotland. This tour is a package full of exciting visual and tasty gems. Starting point will be Perth (pickups from Glasgow and Edinburgh possibly at a small extra charge). This tour is particularly beautiful during the autumn/ fall months when the trees are displaying golden, russet or red leaves.
The emphasis is on relaxation and taking a break from it all. Accommodation will be to a high standard but can be upgraded at an extra cost at the booking stage. This area has many high-level hotels and it is possible to stay at the world famous Gleneagles Hotel.
Our focus on this tour will be:
-world class, awe-inspiring stunning scenery. Ensure the camera is charged and ready for action.
-discover hand-crafted, artisinal produce (including local chocolate, smoked fish, whisky, gin and beer).
-Scottish history (including Doune Castle the star of “Outlander”).
–optional excursion of fishing on River Tay (seasonally dependent). Please ask about this at the booking stage to ensure it can be added to your package.
Check the itinerary for more details of all the exquisite sites and locations we will be stopping off on this tour.
As with all High Spirits Tours tours, rushing is not on the agenda! As we provide private tours, we move at your pace and if there are any slight alterations you would love to your itinerary we will consider them and if possible we go for it. We aim for you to have the best, most relaxing time you can possibly have.
Day 1 – Starting point – Perth (or alternative meeting point as agreed)
- Visit Scone Palace, Scone was from at least the 9th century the crowning place of the Kings of Scotland and home to the Stone of Destiny
- Optional fishing on River Tay at Meikloeur (seasonal)
- Visit Dalrannoch Brewery. Makers of fine craft beers in Perthshire
- Visit Dunkeld Smokehouse, taste the finest smoked salmon.
- Stay in the area of Dunkeld
Day 2 – After a hearty breakfast head West along the River to meet Loch Tay.
- Visit Aberfeldy Distillery, distillers since 1896, for a tour and tasting
- Visit The Birks of Aberfeldy Falls, made famous by Scottish bard, Robert Burns
- Take a Loch Tay Safari boat trip. Enjoy the loch from a different perspective
- Take lunch at the astonishingly beautiful Falls of Dochart
- Dessert will be at the Iain Burnett Chocolatiers. Tour the facilities and taste the produce!
- Stay in the Killin area
Day 3 – After a hearty breakfast we head Southeast towards Loch Earn.
- Optional walk to the beautiful Bracklinn Falls. The falls were seen in the 1975 British comedy film, “Monty Python and the Holy Grail“!
- Lunch in Doune
- Visit the McQueen Gin Distillery to have a tour and taste of the award-winning spirit!
- Visit Doune Castle made famous by the TV show “Outlander”
- Visit the grand Dunblane Cathedral. The Cathedral was once the seat of the bishops of Dunblane (also sometimes called ‘of Strathearn’), until the abolition of bishops after the Scottish Reformation.
- Finish our tour at Perth for optional walking tour.
Accommodation Types Explanation
Accommodation Types Explanation
– Standard – Basic level accommodation costed in any tour priced including accommodation.
– Premium – Higher grade likely to include breakfast or standard level accommodation in an area where general costs of accommodation are higher due to seasonality.
– Premium + – Likely to be graded 4* by Scottish Tourist Board and there is a likelihood the accommodation package will be Dinner, Bed and Breakfast.
– Luxury – Superior high level accommodation likely to be graded 5* by the Scottish Tourist Board and likely to include dinner in the package. Availability for this can be limited in some areas.
PLEASE NOTE: WHERE AN ADJUSTMENT TO COST OF ACCOMMODATION HAS TO BE MADE, UP OR DOWN, AN ADJUSTMENT INVOICE OR CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED ONCE ACCOMMODATION IS FINALISED.