BOOK YOUR DATES NOW!
Welcome to High Spirits Tours most luxurious tour
It does not get much more luxurious than this. 3 days of relaxed touring, guided in our luxurious, private minivan or self-driven in our beautiful silver 2017 Morgan 4/4 sportscar. Either way, you will arrive at your destinations in style, ready for some of the finest cooked dishes you will find in Scotland from the finest of local, seasonal ingredients, cooked by Michelin-starred chefs.
Making our start in Edinburgh you will make your leisurely way through Lothian and The Kingdom of Fife making visits to South Queensferry, Aberdour, Falkland Palace before arriving at Peat Inn, the village named after the now Michelin-starred restaurant. This delightfully relaxed restaurant and rooms was the first restaurant in Scotland to achieve a Michelin star. Quite an achievement.
You will also discover the history and sights of the bustling university town of St Andrews, also famous for it being the “Home of Golf”. Your tastebuds will be tantalised again when we visit the Kingsbarns Distillery to taste their single malt whisky and gin before visiting the attractive seaside village of Crail. It will then be a leisurely drive to the iconic, Gleneagles Hotel where you will stay and dine at the 2-star Michelin restaurant named after the recently deceased, Andrew Fairley, the first Scot to gain 2 Michelin stars.
The last day of the journey sees you make your way to the historic Stirling Castle to discover it’s importance in Scottish history and detailing many of the battles that ensued around it before making your way back to Edinburgh with the tour ending with a tour of the famous Royal Yacht Britannia.
This decadent tour is well worth treating yourself for a special occasion or simply to relax and enjoy some of the best hospitality Scotland has to offer, as well as visiting two of the most iconic golf courses in the world!
This tour is dependent on the availability in the restaurants and hotels and this will be checked immediately on booking. Alternatives can be put together if anything is fully booked.
Tour is available as guided (luxury VW Caravelle) or self-driven (Morgan 4/4 sportscar). Preference should be communicated on booking.
Day 1 – Edinburgh to Peat Inn
The starting point is recommended as Edinburgh but can be revised to suit pick-up point
- visit South Queensferry for fantastic views of the “Three Bridges” over the Firth of Forth
- leisurely make your way around the Fife coast to the quaint village of Aberdour with a visit to the castle
- time out for a delicious lunch and make our way to Falkland Palace for a tour of the preferred holiday home of the Scottish monarch and dating from the 16th century
- move on to the village of Peat Inn for your stay and dinner at the 1 Michelin-starred restaurant of the same name where you can relax and have a sumptuous 6-course taster menu included in the price
Day 2 – Peat Inn to Gleneagles
- the morning will be spent in St Andrews discovering this historic university town and if golf is your thing, it is possible to get a guided tour of the famous St Andrews Links courses
- after a delicious lunch in St Andrews, we make our way to one of Scotland’s newest distilleries, Kingsbarns. Beside the famous golf course, this converted farm is now home to the fabulous Darnley’s Gin and they have their own whisky maturing silently
- our next stop is the seaside village of Crail. This is the ideal spot to breath the sea air and take in the relaxed surroundings while popping into a ceramics studio or art gallery
- in anticipation for another evening of exquisite food, we make our way to the iconic Gleneagles Hotel and Golf Course, part of the fabric of Scottish luxury and where you will be booked into the 2-Michelin starred Andrew Fairlie restaurant, named after the recently deceased master chef
- spend the evening in the luxurious surroundings of Gleneagles Hotel
Day 3 – Gleneagles to Edinburgh
- after a hearty Gleneagles breakfast, you will make your way east again via the historic city of Stirling and will pay a visit and tour the historic, Stirling Castle
- journey east to make our way to Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh. We will visit the famous port area of Leith.
- after the tour, there will be time for the option of a beautiful afternoon tea at the Café at the Palace, Holyrood Palace
- return to your hotel (this can be booked for you and charged on a separate order, please ask on booking)
Accommodation Types Explanation
Accommodation Types Explanation
– Luxury – Superior high-level accommodation likely to be graded 5* by the Scottish Tourist Board and likely to include dinner in the package. Availability for this can be limited in some areas.
PLEASE NOTE: WHERE AN ADJUSTMENT TO COST OF ACCOMMODATION HAS TO BE MADE, UP OR DOWN, AN ADJUSTMENT INVOICE OR CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED ONCE ACCOMMODATION IS FINALISED.